Coleman Associates endorses the IACET Standards for Continuing Education, the HRSA Federal Financial Assistance Conflict of Interest Policy, and the Standards for Integrity and Independence in Accredited Continuing Education. These are Coleman Associates’ guidelines for addressing conflicts of interest.
- Coleman Associates protects learners from commercial bias and marketing.
- Coleman Associates identifies, mitigates, and discloses all relationships as appropriate. Any relationship with an ineligible company is disclosed, but otherwise relevant financial relationships include the receipt of research grants from a commercial company, consultancies, honoraria, travel, or other benefits, or having a self-managed equity interest in a company, or having an immediate family member or partnership with such relationship.
- Coleman Associates does not accept financial or in-kind support from ineligible companies.
- Coleman Associates does not permit marketing by ineligible companies or non-accredited education associated with the accredited continuing education
- When Coleman Associates activities are conducted as part of a HRSA grant, appropriate steps are taken to identify and disclose potential conflicts of interest. Coleman Associates complies with all federal, state, and local laws regulating the identification, disclosure, and mitigation of financial relationships. Coleman Associates also complies with third-party continuing education partners’ regulations for identification, disclosure, and mitigation of financial relationships when appropriate.